- predictive astrology,
- medicinal astrology , and what can be called UPAY (methodology to reduce the impact or enhance impact of planets).
Upay’s were always with metals, colours, herbs, and yantras. There might be, but Upay’s were were to be performed with strict personal achar (discipline), affirmative actions avoiding certain things or giving up and penance for actions of past for UPAY to be effective. It is like a person who is treating himself with damaged liver can not be expected to continue with Alcohol. And this is very important line.
- Rig-Veda 10:96/1-23 sonnets
- Yajurveda sonnets 12/77, 89, 18/12 give a list of 81 medicinal plants,
- whereas, Atharva Veda sonnets 8/7/14 and 11/6/16-17 describes 291 medicinal plants. Ayurveda is a branch of the Atharva Veda. Elaborate descriptions are available in Agni purana, Padma purana, Varaha Purana etc. which are of a later date.
- Padma Purana Srishti Khanda 28-32, Uttara Khanda 28/13-18 and Srimad Bhagwatam, Chapter X 22/34-35 carry references to the significance of plants. Agni purana gives a clear description of medicinal importance for anatomical and physiological diseases in the human body.
Rig-Veda, Chapter VI-22 says “Oh Almighty God. They Grace protects water and drugs that are beneficial to mankind like a best friend.” Ayurveda is closely connected with the Rigveda and Atharvaveda.
Plants and Planets in Astrology
In Astrology, all the planets have their symbolic Plants, which can increase their energy by consuming them or planting them in house or even tie them on our body.
Planets which increase the energy of planet
Herbs: Cayenne, Black Pepper, Dry Ginger, Long Pepper, Cardamom, Saffron, Calamus, Bayberry And Cinnamon, Angelica, Calendula, Celandine, Eye Bright, Juniper, Calamus, Lovage, Rosemary, Rue, St-Johns-Wort, Eye Bright, Palm, Heliotrope, Crocus.
Shrubs: Bayberry, Cercocarpus, Laurel.
Trees: Ash Tree, Black Walnut, Dragons Blood, Frankincense.
Herbs: Irish Moss, Orpine,Water Cress And Lettuce. Marshmallow, Slippery Elm, Comfrey Root, Solomon’s Seal, Shatavari, White Musali, Bala And Rehmannia
Shrubs: Abilia, Andrographis, Ceanothus, Embelia, Dog Woodm Cucumber, The Gourd
Trees: Acai, Doves Tree, Fringe Tree, Japanese Tree, Mahogany, Pepin Fruits Apples and Pears.
Herbs: Agrimony, Garlic, Mustard, Nettle, Thistle, Wild Indigo, Wild Lettuce, Worm Wood, Pepper, Ginger, Mustard, Jalap, Scammony, Colocynt, Euphorbium, Cinnamon, Saffron, Cayenne or Black Pepper, Ginseng, Astragalus, Ashwagandha, Guggul Or Myrrh. Turmeric, Garlic, Onions and Asafoetida Aloe, Gentian, Golden Seal and Echinacea.
Shrubs: Andrographis, Barberry, Broom, Gooseberry.
Trees: Alder-Buckthorn, Camphor, Hawthorn, Hop Tree, Jamiaca Pepper, Jujube Berry, Thuja, Pine Tree.
Herbs: Acrimony, Lavender, Fenugreek, And Orange. Herbs Like Agrimony, Dill, Caraway, Elecampane, Fennel, Fenugreek, Horehound, Lavender, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Gotu Kola, Bhringaraj (Eclipta), Skullcap, Passionflower, Betony, Jatamansi, Zizyphus, Camomile, Mint, Sage. Basil, Devils Claw, Hazelnut, Honey Suckle, Licorice, Myrtle, Savory, Vitex.
Trees: Iron Wood, Mulberry, Corylus and Millefoil
Herbs: Dandelion, Hyssop, Lemon Balm. Trees That Can Be Implanted are Chest Nut, Date Palm Tree, Maple, Teak Tree, Lemon Tree, Dandelion, Hyssop, Lemon-Balm, Meadowsweet, Mondara, Ox-Tongue, Sage, Ashwagandha, Bala, Licorice, Ginseng and Astragalus
Shrubs: Bilberry, Calycanthus, Fig, Jasmine, Tea, Thornapple, Wintergreen.
Trees: Cajeurio, Chestnut, Date Palm Tree, Fir Tree, Gospal Tree, Guava Tree, Indian Tree, Jambul, Lemon Tree, Linden Tree, Maple Tree, Magnolio Tree, Teak Tree Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Sesame, Laurel, Sandal-Wood, Cinnamon, Balsam and Incence Tree
Herbs: Rose, Saffron, Jasmine, Lotus, Lily Iris, Shatavari, White Musali, Amalaki, Aloe gel, Rehmannia Dang Gui and Red Raspberry, Dog Rose, Daisy, Alkanet, Thyme, Lady Wantel. Daisy, Alkanet, Dog Rose, Elderberry, Feverfew, Lady Mantle, Mother Wort, Pennyroyal, Plantain, Tansy, Thyme, Uvaursi, Vervain, Violet, Periwinkle, Yarrow, and Lily.
Shrubs: Alder, Camelia, Ephedra, Fuchsia, Raspberry.
Trees: birch tree, guaiacum, Pine, Peach tree, Sycamore, Mango tree, Neem tree, Cherry.
Herbs: Agrimony, Arnica, Belladona, Blue Bottle, Cannabis, Fumitory, Gravel Root, Henbane, Horsetail, Knapweed, Knotgrass, Safflower, Myrrh, Frankincense, Guggul, Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Haritaki And Comfrey Root.
These herbs help to strengthen your bones and promote healing. Triphala is very specific for Saturn, as it cleanses all waste materials and also tones the deeper tissues. Herbs are Arnica, belladonna, cannabis and knot grass.
Shrubs: Andrographis, Coca, Guelder Rose, Ignatius, Quince, Solomons Seal.
Trees: Almonds, Balm of Gilead, Elm slippery, Ginkgo, Holly Tree, Peepal tree., Olive Tree. Oak, Mespilus, Rue, Hellebore.
Herbs: Camphor, Bayberry, Sage, Eucalyptus or Wintergreen. Calamus is one of the best herbs for this planet.
Herbs: Sage, Calamus, Bayberry, Wild Ginger , Juniper, Gotu Kola, Bhringaraj, and Skullcap and Passion flower.
Trees: Coffee, Eucalyptus, Johns Bread, Kentucky-Coffee, Kola Nut.
Shrubs: Bougainvillea, Damiana, Epimedium.
PLANTS AND PLANETS ACCORDING TO THE ZODIAC
- LEO- Sun is the main planets of this zodiac. People of this zodiac should implant tree of Bale (Aegele marmelos) and if not possible, should try to donate fruit of this plant.
- CANCER- Moon is the main lord of this sign. Mahogany or Japanese tree is very beneficial for this sign.
- ARIES/SCORPIO- Mars is the ruling lord of these two signs. People of this sign should implant Pomegranate. if mars are weak in your sign, then, try to eat pomegranate or donate this fruit.
- VIRGO/GEMINI- Mercury is the lord of this sign. Orange, Lemon and other Citrus fruit is good for you. Plant trees or donate lime fruits.
- SAGITTARIUS/PISCES- Jupiter is the lord of these two signs. Implant Banana and Banyan tree in your garden. You can also perform pooja on Thursday for these plants.
- TAURUS/LIBRA- Venus is the lord of these two signs. You will get very good benefit by implanting coconut tree. You will also get good result, if mango and papaya tree is implanted in your house.
- CAPRICORN/AQUARIUS – Saturn is the main lord of these two-zodiac sign. Try to implant Peepal and Neem tree in your house. Black grapes and Cheeku will also give good result. You can also eat the fruits or donate them to reduce malefic effect of your planets. To ward off the malefic effects of the planets our seers have recommended a lot of remedies.
To propitiate them it is recommended to donate the articles associated with the planet, recite the mantras, wear the gems etc. It is not possible for every person to wear the precious stones for remedy of planets; hence, our seers assigned roots of some herbs in astrology, which could be used to propitiate the planets.