What is Breathlessness?
Fear and anxiety together is a deadly combination for putting pressure on heart and cause breathlessness—-so managing that will substantially reduce the issue .
- Breathlessness refers to shortness of breath. This may come in two ways acute, i.e., suddenly or in a chronic period. Deficiency of oxygen can cause some serious issues in our body.
- If there is a sudden breathlessness, then it’s better to consult the doctor as it’s an underlying medical condition. Asthma affects younger children and smokers who inhale high rates of cigarettes and can face breathlessness as their lungs get affected directly. Heart patients, mainly older age groups have a high chance of getting breathless problems.
Causes of Breathlessness:
- Asthma: It commonly affects the airways. Symptoms that can be seen are coughing, chest pain and shortness of breath. All the symptoms can be mild or severe. The best asthma treatment is inhalers. The person with severe symptoms of asthma will take the inhaler every day.
- Pneumonia: This is caused due to the infection in larger airways. It can be more dangerous than bronchitis. Symptoms of Pneumonia are Loss of appetite, Sweating, Shivering, and headaches. Coughing a lot can be a reason for high breathlessness. —-This is also caused in Covid 19 but after lot of days after onset —-so that means for lot of days it cannot be cause.
- Heart Disease: In some uncertain moments there can be heart failure where people are not able to breathe properly. These may create fluid pressure and build up some tissues in our body and this extra fluid may cause swelling which may lead to breathing problems.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a life-threatening condition as it causes blockage of blood vessels in the lungs. It may cause some chest pain and breathing problems. Treatment can cure you from the disease.
- Anxiety: Many people are anxious about different things and these are referred to as anxiety disorders. Symptoms can be heart rate going fast, sickness, Sweating, headaches, and first breathing. This can be treated through various treatments and medications. This can impact most of us.
- Anaemia: It means we are having low red blood cells or having low haemoglobin. Some of the symptoms can be the reduction of oxygen in the body. It may include tiredness, feeling faint, and becoming breathless. A simple blood test and taking consultation from the Doctor can be easily cured.
- Obesity: Getting overweight can be a big reason for your breathlessness. A decrease in your weight can help you in getting better health. Changing lifestyle may help you in reducing weight.
- Lung condition: It may cause breathlessness in different ways like inflamed or narrow airways. These may make your lung stiff and elastic. Lung conditions are more affected when there is asthma, bronchiectasis, and lung cancer.
- The combination of several of above together. Fear and anxiety together is a deadly combination for putting pressure on heart and cause breathlessness.
Other causes may include:
- Kidney Disease
- Thyroid Disease
- Weight Loss
- Muscular Dystrophy
Signs of Breathlessness:
Breathlessness signs can be found as:
- Difficulty while breathing
- Noisy breathing
- Increase in pulse rate
- Chest pain
- Cold and pale skin
- Taking the help of upper chest or muscles while breathing
- Infection in Chest
- Any heart problem